Veritex Visa Debit Card Travel and Security
Security is one of today's hottest topics, but what does it really mean to you? At Veritex we are dedicated to providing the very best protection for your personal financial information while allowing convenient access to your accounts 24/7.
When planning a trip abroad or to another state, we recommend you notify us. Providing basic travel information such as dates and destinations along with travel contact information can reduce the chances that your legitimate transactions will be blocked and help us to contact you faster if fraud is suspected. Our Debit Card Fraud Detection Center monitors for suspicious activity 24/7/365 to protect your funds.
When traveling, always have an alternative form of payment in the event your Veritex VISA Debit Card is lost or stolen.
Foreign locations have higher fraud risk levels. Your Veritex VISA Debit Card may not work in other countries if you do not let us know in advance that you are traveling. Stored Value Cards such as a pre-paid VISA card is recommended when traveling outside the United States.
Important phone numbers to carry when traveling:
- To report your Veritex VISA Debit Card lost or stolen: 1-800-554-8969
- Veritex Debit Card Fraud Detection Center (US Toll Free): 1-800-262-2024
- Outside US call collect: 973-682-2652
- Your local branch‘s phone number
Your VISA® Debit Card purchases are monitored by a fraud detection system. This system uses your purchase history to detect possible fraudulent activity. In the event the Fraud Detection Center needs to contact you, make sure we have the most current phone number(s) to reach you.
At Veritex Community Bank your safety is important to us. ATM access has become a part of our everyday lives. Because we have grown accustomed to using ATMs on a regular basis, we don't always think about taking precautions. It's important to protect yourself from theft and here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Don't give your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone.
- Memorize your PIN – don't carry it with you.
- Your Veritex VISA Debit Card should be safeguarded like cash. Keep it in a secure place.
- Report unauthorized use of your Debit Card to your local bank branch, right away.
When using the ATM:
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- If you are visiting an ATM at night, make sure it is in a well-lit, public area.
- Shield the key pad while entering your PIN.
- Put your cash, receipt and card back into your wallet immediately.
- Count your cash at home.
- If you notice anyone nearby or someone asks you to withdraw cash for them, leave at once.